5th Grade Social Studies - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Take your 5th graders to “Big D” to explore the three branches of government with “Elliot the Eagle”, Dallas-style! Students discover how paper money is made at the United States Bureau of Engraving and Printing, learn about the life and legacy of John F. Kennedy at the Sixth Floor Museum, and visit a full-size replica of the White House Oval Office at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. The best part is, we handle the details so you don't have to. Charter bus? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Join us on “A Day With the Presidents” for a day your students won't soon forget!
"The students are learning all day!"
-Teacher, Grapevine ISD
$98 per participant. Inclusions:
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Sixth Floor Museum
- George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
- TEKS-based activities and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, and souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 7:00/7:30a.m. and return at 5:30/6:00p.m.
Cost is $98 per participant, teacher, and chaperone.
"I love the organization of the program. It runs smoothly and efficiently. The kids soak up every bit of information while we are here."
-Teacher, Wylie ISD
"We don’t have to worry about anything because you take care of it all! Last year was great, this year was even better!"
-Parent Chaperone, Anna ISD
"What a great program! Everyone was very prepared and knowledgable! Thanks for a fun day!"
-Parent Chaperone, Ponder ISD