4th Grade Science/Social Studies - Austin/Waco, TX
Take your 4th graders to Austin and Waco to experience what they’re learning in social studies and science! At the Texas State Capitol your students will learn about Texas history and government with a focus on the Texas Revolution and the legislative process. Then it's off to Waco's Mayborn Museum to travel through the many unique regions of Texas and see what life was like in early 1900s Waco, the Crossroads of Texas! Wetlands, ecosystems, life cycles, and physical properties of the earth come to life as students travel through the Mayborn Museum's Brazos River, limestone cave, and Texas forest exhibits. Program is aligned with 4th grade social studies and science TEKS. The best part is, we handle the details so you don’t have to. Charter bus? Check. Reservations? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Join us on “Laws, Land, and Legends” for a day your students won’t soon forget!
$87 per participant. Inclusions:
- Texas State Capitol
- Mayborn Museum in Waco
- TEKS-based activities and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Elliot the Eagle plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:30 am and return at 7:00/7:30pm
Cost is $87 per participant, teacher, and chaperone.