4th Grade Social Studies - Austin, TX
Take your 4th graders to Austin and San Antonio to experience first-hand what they're learning in social studies! In Austin students explore the Texas State Capitol with a focus on the legislative process, leadership, and Texas leaders, past and present. Then it’s off to San Antonio where the story of the Texas Revolution comes to life as your young historians tour The Alamo. The best part is, we handle the details so you don't have to. Charter bus? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Travel with us through Texas History on a day your students won't soon forget!
"This is a great program that should be required for all fourth graders in Texas!"
- Teacher, Lewisville ISD
$88 per participant. Inclusions:
- Texas State Capitol
- The Alamo
- TEKS-based activities, and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Arlie the Armadillo plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:00 am and return at 8:30pm
Cost is $88 per participant, teacher, and chaperone.
"Great program to reinforce social studies concepts in an interactive way."
-Teacher, Irving ISD
"The kids were continually commenting about how much fun they were having and didn’t even realize how much they were actually learning in the process!"
-Parent, Prosper ISD
This trip was organized, little work for the chaperones, informative, and fun for the kids."
-Teacher, Wylie ISD