4th Grade Social Studies - Austin, TX
Take your 4th graders to Austin and San Antonio to experience first-hand what they're learning in social studies! In Austin students explore the Texas State Capitol with a focus on the legislative process, leadership, and Texas leaders, past and present. Then it’s off to San Antonio where the story of the Texas Revolution comes to life as your young historians tour The Alamo. The best part is, we handle the details so you don't have to. Charter bus? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Travel with us through Texas History on a day your students won't soon forget!
"I would recommend this program because it makes it so easy for the teacher."
- Teacher, Cleburne ISD
$88 per participant. Inclusions:
- Texas State Capitol
- The Alamo
- TEKS-based activities, and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Arlie the Armadillo plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:00 am and return at 8:30pm
Cost is $88 per participant, teacher, and chaperone.
"This field trip is extremely organized and so fun! They review so many things the students are learning in the classroom and it's awesome for the students to see what they are studying in real life."
-Teacher, Allen ISD
"We really enjoyed our field trip!! Great learning experience. Every detail was thought out and executed effectively. Looking forward to next year!"
-Teacher, Cleburne ISD
"It was amazing to learn Texas history in a fun environment."
-Parent, Garland ISD