4th Grade Social Studies - Austin, TX
Take your 4th graders to Austin with "Arlie the Armadillo" to experience what they’re learning in social studies! During visits to Waco’s Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas State Capitol in Austin, your students will learn about Texas history and government with a focus on the Texas Revolution, the regions of Texas, and the legislative process. The best part is, we handle the details so you don’t have to. Charter bus? Check. Reservations? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Join us on “Proud to be Texan” for a day your students won’t soon forget and to discover just exactly why Texans are so proud!
"I would recommend this program because it makes it so easy for the teacher."
- Teacher, Cleburne ISD
$86 per student/teacher; $91 per parent chaperone. Inclusions:
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- Texas State Capitol Tour
- Bullock Texas State History Museum
- TEKS-based activities, and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Arlie the Armadillo plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:30 am and return at 8:30pm
Cost is $86 per student/teacher; $91 per parent chaperone.
"This field trip is extremely organized and so fun! They review so many things the students are learning in the classroom and it's awesome for the students to see what they are studying in real life."
-Teacher, Allen ISD
"We really enjoyed our field trip!! Great learning experience. Every detail was thought out and executed effectively. Looking forward to next year!"
-Teacher, Cleburne ISD
"It was amazing to learn Texas history in a fun environment."
-Parent, Garland ISD