5th Grade Science/Math - Waco, TX
Education in Action's "Texas Measures Up" program takes students to the Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute and Mayborn Museum, both in Waco. At the Dr Pepper Museum, young entrepreneurs gain financial literacy and exercise math skills as they develop a new product and take it to market! Then it's off to Waco's Mayborn Museum to experience wetlands, ecosystems, life cycles, and physical properties of the earth's surface as students travel through the Brazos River, limestone cave, and Texas forest exhibits! Program is aligned with 5th grade math and science TEKS. The best part is, we handle the details so you don’t have to. Charter bus? Check. Reservations? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Join us on “Texas Measures Up” for a day your students won’t soon forget!
$89 per participant. Inclusions:
- Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institution
- Mayborn Museum
- TEKS-based activities and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action Program Director travels with your group to coordinate all details
- Education in Action Facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travels
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Maggie the Mammoth plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
Minimum number of participants is 45.
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:30 am and return at 5:00/5:30pm
Cost is $89 per participant, teacher, and chaperone.