Video Contest - Full Scholarship Opportunity
Contest is only open to summer 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy participants and Youth Facilitators.
2022 contest entries may be submitted through August 31, 2022.
"What Lone Star Leadership Academy Means To Me"
Grand Prize: FULL Scholarship to a 2023 Lone Star Leadership Academy Camp
1st Runner Up: $400 Scholarship
2nd Runner Up: $200 Scholarship
VIDEO CONTEST RULES
Entry Deadline - August 31, 2022
Who can apply?
Video contest is open to all 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy participants and Youth Facilitators.
How will the videos be scored?
Each entry will be scored based on the following criteria with 100 total points available for each entry.
40 points - Did student communicate what the Lone Star Leadership Academy meant to them?
20 points - Were they creative?
20 points - Was the video entertaining?
20 points - Quality of the video. Was it easy to hear and understand? Good lighting? Clear images?
What are the requirements?
Video contest entry must be submitted online as a YouTube link (set to public, not private), at www.educationinaction.org/video-contest by August 31, 2022. After you submit your entry, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive this email confirmation, contact Education in Action at 817-562-4957 to confirm your entry was received.
Video must be between 30 and 60 seconds long. Videos SHORTER than 30 seconds or LONGER than 60 seconds will NOT be considered. There is no gray area.
“Lone Star Leadership Academy” must be displayed or spoken in the video.
Each person speaking in the video must complete an online Video Contest Waiver form at www.educationinaction.org/video-contest-entry-form.
- 2022 Video Contest Awards may ONLY be applied to tuition fees for 2023 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps or to the 2022-2023 Lone Star Leadership Academy Alumni Council registration fee.
- Only videos that meet the listed requirements will be eligible to win scholarship prizes. All prizes may not be awarded if eligible entries are not received.
- By submitting your video entry, you are giving Education in Action permission to use the video for promotional purposes.
- Winners will be announced via e-mail and on Facebook.com/EducationInAction.
- Winners must submit completed Lone Star Leadership Academy camp applications online by the final application deadline. Winners must meet all program requirements stated on the Lone Star Leadership Academy camp application in order to use the scholarship. Winners may transfer their scholarship to another student that meets the program requirements. Should a winner meet the requirements to serve as a Youth Facilitator, they may apply the scholarship to their Youth Facilitator application fee.
"I have had two children attend and both enjoyed their trips. They made great friends that they wouldn't have met otherwise."
"It was a great experience for our daughter. She came back more mature and with a very different perspective of the world around her."
"Students get the opportunity to interact with other kids and teachers that only want each other to succeed."