Variable Tuition is a need-based tuition assistance program for Lone Star Leadership Academy summer camps. This program allows families to apply for reduced tuition that is right for their families’ financial situation. This assistance helps make Lone Star Leadership Academy summer camps affordable to many qualified students who might not otherwise be able to take part in this camp. Factors like income, family circumstances, and the cost of living are reviewed by a third party: FACTS Grant FACTS Grant & Aid. Each request is then reviewed by the Lone Star Leadership Academy Financial Aid Committee, who makes the final award.
A limited number of spaces on select Lone Star Leadership Academy camp weeks in July and August are available for Variable Tuition applicants.
2022 Variable Tuition applications may be submitted March 15 - April 30, 2022 at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid.
Variable Tuition award notifications will be sent May 9, 2022. Because of this, the April 30, 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy application deadline does not apply to Variable Tuition applicants. Variable Tuition award recipients will have until May 28, 2022 to submit their Lone Star Leadership Academy application.
Before you begin your application on the Facts Grant & Aid website, please make sure the applicant meets the following Lone Star Leadership Academy camp eligibility requirements:
· Maintains 85 or higher overall average
· Receives an educator recommendation/nomination based on demonstrated leadership ability
· Participates in at least two school or community activities
You will need to have the following documents ready. They will need to be uploaded or faxed to FACTS Grant & Aid to supplement your application.
· Completed 2021 Federal Tax Return including all supporting tax schedules
· 2021 W-2 forms for all individuals listed on the tax return
· Documentation for Social Security income and Child Support
- A $40 non-refundable processing fee will be required to submit your Variable Tuition application. This fee does not guarantee tuition assistance or camp admission.
- Students are only be eligible to attend the Lone Star Leadership Academy with Variable Tuition one time.
- Financial aid awards must be used for summer 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps and may not be transferred to future years.
March 15 - April 30, 2022
Variable Tuition Applications accepted for summer 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps. Please note: The Variable Tuition application is separate from the Lone Star Leadership Academy camp application. You will not complete the Lone Star Leadership Academy summer camp application until after you receive you financial aid decision/award.
Variable Tuition Application
You will need to change the school year to 2022-2023 in order to select the Lone Star Leadership Academy on your application.
May 9, 2022
Variable Tuition Financial Aid decisions/awards emailed to applicants.
May 9-May 28, 2022
Applicants may submit Lone Star Leadership Academy camp applications and pay balance due for summer 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps. Applications are processed in the order received.
May 28, 2022, 11:59p.m.
Deadline for applicants to apply and pay balance due for summer 2022 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps. If application is not received by May 28th at 11:59pm, your financial aid award will be released to waitlisted applicants.