The Lone Star Leadership Academy is a leadership program and development opportunity. In order to maintain a professional appearance, the following dress code will be in effect during the program.
Daily Attire for all Programs
- Casual attire appropriate for travel. Shorts/skirts must still meet the length requirement below and shirts must cover the entire midriff.
- T-shirt (provided), tucked in with solid khaki, navy, or black pants, shorts, or a skirt (see Further Instructions below). T-shirts are distributed to students during camp.
- Dallas/Fort Worth Program
- On Monday students will participate in a ropes course activity. All students must wear tennis shoes and skirts are not permitted.
- Shorts and Pants
- Except for Sunday, all shorts and pants should be solid khaki, navy, or black. Acceptable styles include school uniform pants/shorts, cargo pants/shorts, and chino or twill pants/shorts; athletic wear and denim are not permitted. All shorts must be at least fingertip length when the arms are extended down.
- Except for Sunday, all skirts should be solid khaki, navy, or black school-uniform style skirts. All skirts must be at least fingertip length when the arms are extended down.
- Comfortable walking shoes such as tennis shoes are appropriate for all days. Students may not wear Crocs or flip-flops, except in the showers.
- Hats are permitted outdoors only.
- Hair should be kept neat, clean, and well-groomed. Given the professional nature of the program, students are highly encouraged to select traditional styles and colors for the duration of the program. No facial hair will be allowed.
- Large Retailers
- Many chain stores and large retailers such as Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, JC Penney, Kohl's, The Children's Place, Old Navy, etc. have affordable school uniform options available online year-round.
- Resale Shops/Second-Hand
- Resale stores like Kid-to-Kid and Goodwill often have second-hand uniform items available.