The Lone Star Leadership Academy is a leadership program and development opportunity. In order to maintain a professional appearance, the following dress code will be in effect during the program.
Daily Attire for all Programs
- Casual attire appropriate for travel. Shorts/skirts must still meet the length requirement below.
- T-shirt (provided), tucked in with appropriate pants or shorts. T-shirts are distributed to students during camp.
- Dallas/Fort Worth Program
- On Monday students will participate in a ropes course activity. All students must wear tennis shoes and skirts are not permitted.
- Austin/San Antonio Program
- On Wednesday students will visit the offices of their state legislators at the Capitol. Students may not wear shorts, Capri pants, cargo pants, or jeans (blue denim).
- Shorts and Pants
- Students may not wear athletic-style shorts or pants except on arrival day (Sunday). This includes, but is not limited to: Basketball/football/soccer shorts, gym shorts, cheerleading shorts, sweatpants, yoga pants, and leggings. Students may not wear cut-offs or items with rips/tears. All shorts must be at least fingertip length when the arms are extended down. Examples of acceptable styles include, but are not limited to: Bermuda shorts, denim or khaki shorts, cargo shorts, school uniform shorts, Capri pants, etc.
- Skirts must be at least fingertip length when the arms are extended down.
- Comfortable walking shoes such as tennis shoes are appropriate for all days. Students may not wear flip-flops, except in the showers.
- Hats are permitted outdoors only.
- Hair should be kept neat, clean, and well-groomed. Given the professional nature of the program, students are highly encouraged to select traditional styles and colors for the duration of the program. No facial hair will be allowed.