- Any student that completes a Lone Star Leadership Academy camp may join.
- Because our camp participants come from all over Texas, the Alumni Council program is conducted online and via e-mail so ALL alumni may participate!
- Program takes place SEPTEMBER-MAY, one to four years or more – YOU decide
- EXERCISE and DEVELOP your LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Make POSITIVE CONTRIBUTIONS in your community
- Opportunity to return to camp as a YOUTH FACILITATOR
- Gain experience for your ACADEMIC RESUME
"The Alumni Council has been an amazing experience for me to take learning to the next level. I've been able to apply myself in a leadership role in my community." - Participant, Houston, TX
“I learned how to advocate for a cause I feel passionate about.”
– Ava S., 10th Grader, Plano ISD and 3rd Year Lone Star Leadership Academy Alumni Council Member
"I learned that a leader must be adaptable and optimistic. Once my school was moved online and my county issued a shelter in place, we had to adjust our plan in order to succeed, all the while staying positive about the outcome."
-Mazie J., 10th Grader, Rockwall ISD and 2nd Year Lone Star Leadership Academy Alumni Council Member
"I learned not to just sit back and do nothing about a current problem; but instead not only get up and do it, but lead others through the journey."
-Lindsey J., 7th Grader, Hallsville ISD and 1st Year Lone Star Leadership Academy Alumni Council Member