4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Grade Social Studies & Science - Austin, TX
Take your 4th, 5th or 6th graders to Austin and Georgetown to experience first-hand what they're learning in social studies and science! In Austin students explore the Texas State Capitol with a focus on the legislative process. Then it’s off to Inner Space Cavern in Georgetown to actively experience food webs, life cycles, and the physical properties of the Earth's crust including minerals, rocks and soils. The best part is, we handle the details so you don't have to. Charter bus? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. A Discover Texas Field Trip your students won't soon forget!
"Very organized and all planned out. Loved the activities on the bus, how it was all interactive, and how students learned throughout the whole trip."
- Teacher, Prosper ISD
Capitol Rocks! Program Includes:
- Texas State Capitol Tour
- Inner Space Cavern Tour
- Hands-on activities: Mineral Dig, Rock Detective, Watershed Model, and more
- TEKS-based activities, and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action team member to coordinate all details
- One-on-one planning meeting with Coordinating Teacher
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Arlie the Armadillo plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- One teacher per class/20 students and one administrator travel FREE
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:00am and return at 8:30pm.
$112/student & chaperone; one teacher per class/20 students and one administrator travel FREE
"This program makes it easy by feeding the kids and entertaining them with educational content during the bus ride. I enjoyed that kids got to see where our government officials work."
-Parent, Whitesboro ISD
"Great way to expose students to excellent experiences that they wouldn't have received with a traditional field trip."
-Administrator, Irving ISD
"Well organized and a terrific experience for students. It was educational but also very fun - best field trip our students have been on."
-Administrator, Keller ISD