4th, 6th & 7th Grade Social Studies - Austin, TX
Take your 4th or 6th graders to Austin with "Arlie the Armadillo" to experience what they’re learning in social studies! During visits to the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas State Capitol in Austin, your students will learn about Texas history and government with a focus on the Texas Revolution, the regions of Texas, and the legislative process. The best part is, we handle the details so you don’t have to. Charter bus? Check. Reservations? Check. Fun, meaningful, TEKS-based curriculum for the entire day? Check. Come along on “Proud to be Texan” for a day your students won’t soon forget and to discover just exactly why Texans are so proud!
"This is such a valuable experience for our students! I love how they can see history come to life. We want to come back for years to come."
- Teacher, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD
Proud to be Texan Program Includes:
- Texas State Capitol Tour
- Bullock Texas State History Museum
- TEKS-based activities, and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action team member to coordinate all details
- One-on-one planning meeting with Coordinating Teacher
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Arlie the Armadillo plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- Teachers (one for every 20 students) and one administrator travel FREE
Typically, schools depart at 6:30am and return at 8:30pm.
$116*/student & chaperone
*Teachers (one for every 20 students) and one administrator travel FREE
"This field trip is extremely organized and so fun! The students review so many things they are learning in the classroom and it's awesome for the students to see what they are studying in real life."
-Teacher, Allen ISD
"We really enjoyed our field trip!! Great learning experience. Every detail was thought out. Looking forward to next year!"
-Teacher, Cleburne ISD
"It was amazing to learn Texas history in a fun environment."
-Parent, Garland ISD