4th & 6th Grade Social Studies - Fort Worth, TX
Education in Action invites you to make your 4th or 6th grade classroom come alive! You will travel to the Fort Worth Stockyards with your young historians to see the Fort Worth Herd, take on the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze, and discover first-hand how Fort Worth developed its "Cowtown" identity. Next, you and your students will learn all about famous cowgirls and cowboys, the regions of Texas, pioneer life, cattle drives, and the Goodnight-Loving Trail at the Doss Heritage and Culture Center in Weatherford or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame and Cattle Raisers Museum in Fort Worth, your choice. The best part is, we handle all of the details so you don't have to! Program is aligned with 4th & 6th grade Social Studies TEKS.
"This was THE best field trip I’ve EVER experienced. The organization was TOP-NOTCH. Everything and everyone were AMAZING!"
-Administrator, Prosper ISD
Trails, Rails, and Cowtown Tales Program Includes:
- Walking tour of the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District
- The Fort Worth Herd cattle drive and Cowtown Cattlepen Maze
- Doss Heritage and Culture Center OR
- National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Museum and Cattle Raisers Museum
- TEKS-based activities and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action team member to coordinate all details
- One-on-one planning meeting with Coordinating Teacher
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Lucy the Longhorn plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and snack
- Teachers (one for every 20 students) and one administrator travel FREE
Typically, schools depart at 7:00/7:30am and return at 5:30/6:00pm.
- Doss Heritage and Culture Center option
- $96*/student & chaperone with charter bus service
- $63*/student & chaperone with your school district's buses
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame and Cattle Raisers Museum option
- $98*/student & chaperone with charter bus service
- $68*/student & chaperone with your school district's buses
- *Teachers (one for every 20 students) and one administrator travel FREE
"We got to do and see so much! It was so great to have a company organize transportation and meals instead of having brown bag and school buses!
-Parent, Garland ISD
"This is truly an educational trip and very well organized."
-Teacher, Irving ISD
"Students learned a lot about Texas History and got to see in person rather than just in books. It was well organized and planned out and kids were busy the whole time."
-Parent, Whitesboro ISD