5th & 6th Grade Science - Waco/Georgetown, TX
Education in Action's "Water Rocks" program takes students to the Cameron Park Zoo's Brazos River Country Exhibit with a focus on the water cycle, wetland ecosystems and environmental conservation. Student scientists continue their day at the Waco Mammoth National Monument and end at the Inner Space Cavern in Georgetown where they actively experience the physical properties of the Earth's crust including minerals, rocks and soils. Program is aligned with 5th & 6th grade science TEKS.
Mr. Bigley, 5th Grade Science Teacher at Forest Vista Elementary in Lewisville ISD, and his students created this video about their “Water Rocks!” Discover Texas Field Trip with Education in Action.
"GREAT field trip!"
-Parent, Garland ISD
Water Rocks! Program Includes:
- Inner Space Cavern Tour
- Brazos River Country exhibit at the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco
- Waco Mammoth National Monument
- TEKS-based activities and pre- and post-program curriculum
- Hands-on activities: Mineral Dig, Rock Detective, Watershed Model and more
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Education in Action team member to coordinate all details
- One-on-one planning meeting with Coordinating Teacher
- Charter bus transportation
- T-shirt, group picture, Maggie the Mammoth plushy, and other souvenirs for each participant
- Curriculum incentives
- Lunch and dinner
- One teacher per class/20 students and one administrator travel FREE
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:30am and return at 8:30pm.
$118/student & chaperone; one teacher per class/20 students and one administrator travel FREE
"Kids enjoyed it! Informative, and engaging, well thought out program with attention to detail."
-Parent Chaperone, Richardson ISD
"Great educational content. The caverns and zoo were a unique experience. "
-Teacher, Keller ISD
"Very educational, interactive and students commented several times that they were enjoying themselves."
-Teacher, Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD